DC w/DCC Plug
EMD E8A-A Set
Southern Nos. 6905, 6914
Double Headed Limited Edition!
PreOrder item. This price and any discounts are guaranteed until this item is released on or about 28 July 2019. Order now – your credit card will not be charged until your order ships.
Introduced in April of 1949, the E8 provided buyers with a more powerful passenger engine just as many roads were expanding service. Although similar to the E7, the new model used side panels with four porthole windows and small louvers, and there was a full-length, covered grille at the roofline. Under the long hood, a pair of 567B prime movers delivered 2250 horsepower. Geared for higher speeds, E8A and B units would lead many of America's premiere trains for the next 20 years, with some finishing their long careers in commuter and fast freight service in the 1980s.
- Five-pole, skew-wound, high-torque, high-efficiency can motor
- Helical gears with 12:1 ratio for smooth, quiet running
- Easy multiple-unit operation
- Superb paint and lettering
- LED constant brightness headlights
- Heavy die-cast metal underframe
- Proto MAX™ metal knuckle couplers
- Auxiliary water tanks
- Rooftop mounted air tanks and piping
- Single steam generator with plated over/removed second steam generator
- Round spark arrestors
- Dual lens headlight in upper housing
- Pilot mounted MU hose brackets
- Brass Nathan M5 air horn
- Brass firecracker-type radio antenna
- Wire grabs and etched metal platform on nose
- Freight-type pilot
- Flush numberboards
- De-skirted fuel tank
- Farr air grilles
Based on units in service during the 1970s
|Copy this EMD E8A-A Set to your MY LOCOMOTIVES roster.|
Email this page to a friend
EMD E8A-A Set
Nos. 6905, 6914
Our Price: $372.39
You Save 7%
Member Price (Order > $100): $335.15
Sign Into Save 16%
This is a PreOrder item.
Expected 28 July 2019
Member Prices shown realized by Discount applied in Shopping Cart. Savings shown are calculated versus MSRP. You must be signed in to receive Discount.
See more products from Walthers
See more products for Southern
HO Scale, HO Gauge, Nov17, gaebwes2